Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Meeting Jon Tester


Tonight, my family and I had the privilege of meeting Jon Tester at a fund raising event at a Helena home. My primary reason for attending was that I thought if I could see the guy eye to eye, I would be able to judge something of his character. It's not a perfect system, but its the best we have.

I have to say, I was very impressed. He was the same in person as he is on TV. I perceived him as direct, honest and decent. On top of that, he is a very good and inspiring speaker. My daughters were very impressed with him to, both gravitating towards him at every chance. He did not come across as a politician, but instead as a Montana farmer that is willing to serve for his state and country. I was impressed with the way that he shook my hand and looked me directly in the eye. The meeting only reaffirmed my opinion that he is the right man for the job, not just the lesser of two evils.

Additionally, I met Matt Singer from Left in the West, Monica Lindeen, the democratic challenger for Congress and many other good solid Montanans. Once again, I was duly impressed with the whole lot. These are good, smart people who are very concerned about the direction their country is headed. They saw the same values in Tester that I saw: intelligence, leadership, honesty and most of all decency. This is the man that must represent Montana in Washington.

No comments: