Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Working the Doors All Day


Well, I feel really good about this folks. I think that everything is going to be just fine. Just fine.

The Democratic Party of Montana did an excellent job on the ground in Helena. The organization was awesome and the volunteers were enthusiastic. My wife and I knocked on hundreds of doors today reminding folks to vote. Everyone was really enthusiastic about Tester and the mood was high. The vast majority that I talked to claimed to have voted or was going to vote for Tester. A few had forgotten to vote, so our work was not in vain. No telling how many we influenced when they saw the friendly reminder when they got home.

On the way home, I saw that there were still lines out the door at the courthouse. This is GREAT! Folks rarely get excited enough to register and vote for the incumbent. Everyone at my office had voted and I think that most voted the right way.

I have a really good feeling here people. Really good. Polls close in a couple of hours, so there is still time to get that last person there. Do it.

No comments: