Thursday, December 28, 2006

Those who feel the breath of sadness



It was raining that night on Mount Hood those many years ago. I stood in the rain, loving it run down my cheeeks. Cold and fog in August, and I let it roll down. I let the water roll down. I was lost and almost alseep, but I remebered a love that was lost and gone. I closed my eyes and let the water roll down...

It was some time later that I opened up my eyes. The water still rolled down. Cold water falling from the sky.

It was some time later that I heared that song and it woke me from my dream. My eyes were wide open the entimre time, while I watched the water roll down. I heard his gentle voice as he said to me:


Ill sing myself to sleep
A song from the darkest hour
Secrets I cant keep
Inside of the day
Swing from high to deep
Extremes of sweet and sour
Hope that God exists
I hope I pray


I hoped and I prayed, but the word in my mouth were sweeter...


Drawn by the undertow
My life is out of control
I believe this wave will bear my weight
So let it flow

Oh sit down
Sit down next to me
Sit down, down, down, down, down
In sympathy


In sympathy? I will sit with you James, but I was standing then as the water rolled down:


Now Im relieved to hear
That youve been to some far out places
Its hard to carry on
When you feel all alone
Now Ive swung back down again
Its worse than it was before
If I hadnt seen such riches
I could live with being poor
Oh sit down
Sit down next to me
Sit down, down, down, down, down
In sympathy


Oh, I have a bleeding heart and as such I have much sympathy. So, I imagine now that I choked back a tear and wished that I had sit down with him in sympathy.


Those who feel the breath of sadness
Sit down next to me


I fealt that breath, but declined to sit with him though I noticed that many did.


Those who find theyre touched by madness
Sit down next to me


I find myself touched by madness right now, but I declined to sit with him then.


Those who find themselves ridiculous
Sit down next to me
Love, in fear, in hate, in tears


I was the last one standing in the audience. So many had long since left and so may had long since sat, but I was left as the water rolled down. I stood alone as the water rolled down. But I did (and do) find myself rediciculous so I sat down next to him as the water rolled down. I sat and we all watched as the water rolled down.


Down
Down

Oh sit down
Sit down next to me
Sit down, down, down, down, down
In sympathy

Oh sit down
Sit down next to me
Sit down, down, down, down, down
In sympathy




James. Sit Down

2 comments:

pj finn said...

I've read this several times now, and I must admit that I really don't know what to say about it except beautifully done. I don't know the experience it came out of, and that makes it particularly haunting, it hits me like bits and pieces of a half-forgotten dream. Again, nicely done.

And yes, you are back up on my screen. Halleluja.

Anonymous said...

You're a closet fag, Shane.

--gvsylyau